Sunday, March 9, 2008

The best feeling...

This is one of my favorite things these days-  it's something fairly new to me:

The wisdom and kind advice of the man I'm about to commit the rest of my life to.  

I get so mad at him sometimes.  Sometimes it slowly builds over a few days before I tell him, and sometimes it doesn't take long, but of course, conflict always leads to 'talking it out'.  I love talking it out!!  My love language is quality time, so that is part of why I love it.  Also, because I am not very confrontational, an issue needs to really upset me before I address it; so whenever we have 'a talk', it's about something really important to me and it feels extremely good to get it out.  

And THEN, he listens!  I love being listened to.  And I love the advice (OR apology, solution, heart-sharing....whatever) that follows.  

It's just sweet.  I have wise parents who did this for me growing up, but now I have a wise person that I'm about to marry who can do it too!  Coooool!

No comments: