Monday, January 10, 2011

There SNOW way I aint gonna be glad today

Hello!

I woke up to a 5am text that work was closed due to the SNOW! Looking out the window is so exciting on snow mornings- I almost couldn't get back to sleep after the excitement!

I had some thoughts today. It was really easy to be selfish today...and it didn't feel good. Too much free time is sometimes not good, as much as I hate to admit. I found myself feeling dissatisfied with what I have and wishing for other things or other people's lives.

But then I would remember how great my life is! I love my life and it is just as beautiful and wonderful as other people's, just in a different way. So that was nice to realize. It's really important for me to be thankful and content with where I am and what I have. I realized that the devil will try to take a perfect day- a SNOW DAY-- and try to make you feel miserable somehow. That's so dumb.

Speaking of thankful, there is something I forgot to mention in regard to yesterday's post. I actually am about to start a really cool job that is a total answer to prayer!!! My older (stay-at-home-mom) sister has been doing editing/formatting for a publishing company for quite a while now and it's work you do from home on your own time. You can take on just as much work as you want. I think that is PERFECT for a stay at home mom, which happens to be my latest aspiration. I applied to this position back in August (complete with a very intentional cover letter), sent a follow up email a week later but never heard much back from them except that they got my application. Well, about 3 MONTHS later they e-mailed to offer me the position! I am starting this Friday and it's a total answer to prayer. I am so excited!!!! A secret about me is that I LOVE to be comfortable, ie: snuggled on my couch or in a cozy coffee shop and this job will allow for that, as well as of course flexibility with a baby. I plan on staying full-time at my current job for a little while longer as I build up my work in this new job.

Happy snow day! I am off tomorrow again, so another day of practicing joy and contentedness. Cheers!

No comments: