Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Plague


27.5 weeks pregnant.
8 days The Plague.

I don't think I've ever been so sick for so long! I think it's just some type of cold...but it's hit me so hard. I guess prego+cold=temporary death? I am feeling better though, and it's been an interesting experience being incapacitated for so long. It actually hasn't been so BAD (despite the pain and achiness) and I've just been able to rest... a LOT. I feel like all I've done is sleep, drink water and pee. And blow my nose, and according to Stuart, SNORE when I sleep!

Lately I'm obsessed with looking at crib bedding! I will probably settle with this cute hippo print from Target but Etsy has so many 'shops' where you can design your own bedding (for triple the price) and it's so fun to dream about! I had originally decided to paint the nursery light yellow, and have grassy themes with chrome/brushed silver accents. I know chrome colored things are hard to find but that's what I like! Industrial, like my house! But after finding this pic of the lovely gray walls with citrus accents, I am in love. Also I like the letter 'V' above the crib because 1) it's chrome and 2) my 2nd child will be a little girl named Violet Hope.

So now I'm torn between the yellow/grass/chrome themed nursery, or a subtle gray wall with pops of bright color (orange, yellow, pink).

Last night my sweet little sis came over and made chocolate chip pancakes for me. I hadn't gotten out of bed all day and that brought so much healing to me since my man was hard at work all day! We watched one of the greatest romance movies of all time: Lady and the Tramp.

I'm ready to feel better and to decorate my little baby's room!!!

No comments: