Tuesday, June 24, 2008

son or slave

Every day, I'm glad I am where I am now, and not where I was before.

My life has been great, but moving forward constantly is the best way to be!  One thing I've been faced with in preparation for marriage is the way I have held on to stuff, party because I thought it would be my only chance to have some things.  I have held on to 'stuff' for waaay too long.  Doing that a lot can cause a general sense of stagnancy in one's life.  I have known a few people who have at one time given every thing they owned away.  I hear it is one of the most freeing, fun things you can ever do!  If you believe in God, then He really just takes care of you.  Even if you don't believe in Him, He usually takes care of you anyway.  I mean, is He real or not?  I know I talk about this a lot, but I think I am starting to really believe in Him.  

It is a great feeling to jump off a cliff, once you get over the fear of doing it.  Flying free through the air...ahhhhhh!  (We actually get to do that a lot in Boone!)

Stuart has been asking God to provide money he has needed.  Then when God provides it, he has been giving it away!  Then he mysteriously gets more.  Then he gives that away, and mysteriously gets more again.  I'm serious!  We are testing what this God that we read about has said, and it actually works!! It is really neat to see this.  But it has required some serious cliff jumping... (but I've figured: the worst that could happen is we would be living under a bridge somewhere surviving on tuna and apples...but how bad would that really be? We won't actually die from hunger or homelessness.  Anyway, we've got some family and friends that love us and would let us sleep on their porch or something if things really got bad).

 I want to detach myself from the fears/cares/worries of the world and live above it all.  We don't have to be imprisoned by fear/care/worry.  This God is real.  Heaven is real, and it loves to come to earth.  We are supposed to be bringing heaven to earth.  We don't have to be slaves to the world, and I will not be a slave, how 'bout you? 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the line, "We won't actually die from hunger or homelessness." I agree! I want all of what you said too Court. To be a daughter and not a slave. It's so great!! You are so great too!

Anonymous said...

NO SLAVES IN JESUS' NAME!!!!



I love this blog and I love you....and stuart :)