Monday, June 9, 2008

One year later

I can't believe we made it a year!!  When we decided to set our wedding date for 14 months after getting engaged, I thought it would be completely miserable to wait so long.  But now, one year from Stuart's proposal, things have just gotten steadily better and better.  I think the timing is actually perfect- for the engagement, and for the marriage, as far as I know- I mean, I'm no expert and I can't really see the future very clearly...

But somehow, seeing how quickly a year went by just seems to be significant.  Things always do happen when they need to... finding a house, a spouse, a job.  Things always work out somehow.  
Oh, and another thing- I felt some slightly sad feelings after we got engaged because getting engaged is something a girl waits for her whole life!!  It seems like this ultimate thing to achieve, and after it happened I had a few thoughts of disappointment, like some of the good things in life were over and things would only get boring from there. But it's not true!!  Really, I have come soo far personally in the past year, and Stuart and I have gone through a lot of crap since then and I wouldn't go back in time if I could!  So that's a relief, huh?!

Speaking of relief- I believe my arms are covered with poison ivy.  I went hiking/swimming Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  I believe this blessed rash was contracted from my girls only hike on Saturday.  We saw a tiny snake and (unrelatedly) completely forgot to look for the poisonous plant.  We also got caught in an ear-splitting thunderstorm and I hiked in a bikini for awhile after swimming, so who knows where else I might start itching!!  





No comments: