Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ahoy! The winds are changin'

I only realized about a week ago that many of these people in Boone that I have fallen in love with over the past 9 months are about to leave for the summer, which wouldn't be such a big deal if I weren't going to be GONE when they get back in the fall!  Yes...I can feel the change stirring up!!  Summer is creeping in in it's most glorious Boone fashion, and consequently, it's now time for something new.

Duh.  I knew this was coming.  I just didn't realize it really was coming!

You know when you're starting something new...and you're in 'starting' mode for awhile?  Like moving back to Boone, for example.  But I've kind of stayed in 'starting' mode up until finish time!  That may not be entirely true- I've really gone after what I thought this time was supposed to be for me.  I've tried to be diligent in following through the things that God had for me during this short season.  And He's brought me far- I'm no longer timid about living life in a lot of ways!   

But there was some mental blockage that made my brain think that everything would be the same in Boone until I marry Stuart and we go off on some new adventure together.  The problem is, I forgot about summer and that other people have other plans!

To my friends who will be here this summer:  We are going to have a blast!!

To my friends who are leaving:  That's ok- we'll have an eternal blast together one day soon!


Oh, PS- thanks to my mom and dad (and their connections) Stuart and I have VIP tickets to see Radiohead this friday in Charlotte!!!  May 9th is my parent's 32nd anniversary, and Stuart and my negative 3 month anniversary!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! I can't believe everyone is leaving. It's something that I have a hard time thinking about and I am going to try and postpone thinking about it for as long as possible!

Things are changing like crazy...