Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nothing to lose

I'm trying this new thing with God. You could really call it 'begging'.

I can't wait to see how it goes...

I just remember someone talking in January about how we should contend with God for things He's promised us this year. One thing he promised us is that he "knows the plans he has for us; plans to prosper us and not harm us; plans for a hope and a future".

God- make your plans happen PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!

Please bring me a hope and a future. If you already know it, make it happen! I believe in you!!

Today Stuart is looking for a summer job. I'm ready to start seeing where He wants us in less than 3 months. God, where will we live? Um God, what the heck will I do? What will Stuart do? How will we pay off this debt? How will we pay for our honeymoon please? How are we going to pay for wedding rings and all the other fun things that come with a fun wedding? Please please please??? I believe in you!!! I know you have some plans for us. We're asking you every day. I know you will answer because you always come through. We are waiting and listening for you because we trust you!

I'm sharing this because just about every single person around me right now is experiencing transitions and/or money problems. We have no idea what we are supposed to do after this summer, and we have no idea how we are going to pay for the things we need to pay for.

Let's test it: God, you said you have plans for our future. I'm throwing my plans and hopes at your feet.

Please, move.

We're desperate.

Thanks, and you rule.

Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

I'll be praying for you and I'm definitely 'begging' for some things too. We'll have to keep each other updated!!!

Love you....and Stuart too!

I can't wait to see where ya'll will be :)

Anna said...

miss courtney,

thought i would offer some ideas: martha and rex just got married and registered their honeymoon here: http://www.travelersjoy.com/. it's like a gift registry, but instead of a toaster, you get a bike rental or a hotel room, or whatever.

also, they had our friend tegan make their rings (i don't know if you already have your rings or not), which i thought was a good idea--there are a lot of independent, young, amazing, emerging jewelry-designers and -makers that are up on http://www.etsy.com that you could try.

love, love, love to you!

anna potter