Sunday, May 18, 2008

answers?

This is sort of to follow up my previous, desperate posting.  Things have been happening, a little.  Stuart and I realized we have more contacts in Charlotte than we realized.  We spent Saturday in Greensboro and being away from the 'clouds' of Boone, we (especially Stuart) got some good perspective and clarity on practical steps we need to take towards success in the money/jobs area.  Don't ask questions- it stresses me out.   Trust that we are working on this constantly, and we really trust God will bring jobs and money in it's right timing.  

Another thing I was pleading God for was direction in getting our wedding planned!  Progress is happening there too, in it's perfect timing.  Thursday, we met the lady we will hire to bake a cake for 250 people.  She is awesome, and her cakes are amazing.  She lives in a town of 45 people.  We are the only wedding she has scheduled for this summer so far, but she loves doing wedding cakes, so I think she will put a lot of heart into ours!  Wedding guests, be ready to enjoy!

On Friday, I went to Did Someone Say Party? (great store name huh?) and tried on my wedding dress, which came in about a month ago but I hadn't gone to try it on because well... I had been feeling fat.  Sorry, I hate when girls say that but it's just what happened!  OH!  But the dress- I tried it on, and it is still perfect!!  It's very interesting that when I see this dress or think of it, I'm not that interested in it.  When I put it on however, I just know that it's perfect.  I become insta-beautiful!  I take it off and become normal ol' Court.  Put it on again: VIOLA!  It's like a  magic trick.  Or like God. 

I also bought silver, glittery wedges for $25 yesterday.  Although I like the look of heels better, I am afraid wedges are really my only choice for smooth, graceful walking down the isle of a garden wedding.  You don't really see them anyway.  I just need anything to give me a little bit more of a reasonable height in order to be able to kiss my groom!!

Also, Nicole and I set a date for bridal portraits (which she is doing as a gift!!)- June 1st. 

Oh, I also received 2 more calls from people interested in house cleaning!  
Also, we went all weekend without having to spend any money.
Tomorrow I'm meeting with my dear friend Justina, who is helping us design wedding invitations!  This girl breathes art.  Plus she is a total sweetheart.  

Stuart and I both played/sang at the Morning Star in Winston Salem this morning, and enjoyed the wonderful people and the presence there.  It is real discouraging playing there because as a musician, everything you hear sounds really bad from the stage.  Today, and the last time we played there, I left thinking "Ok, I am never singing or playing again".  Then I realize later that those thoughts are actually encouraging since it's the devil trying to steal your gifts and joy, which is even more reason to keep using them. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see these shoes!!!


Man, I can't wait until the big day! It's going to be a blast...

...I'm also looking forward to seeing those cute Clark kids in many years to come!

Rachel said...

I am so excited for you Court. It is such a blessing that the photos are a gift!

You're real neat.

Anonymous said...

[Unfortunately they didn't teach us anything about lice in college...but now I feel very prepared for any future encounters with lice that I might have! So if you ever get head lice Court, I'd be more than glad to pick it out for ya!]