Thursday, April 25, 2013

This time around

Today I wanted to document some things about this pregnancy.  Compared to last time, I have not documented this pregnancy much at all!  I take pictures occasionally, but I never post them and looking back I never know what week they are from.  I wish I were better about that.

Not a lot of weird cravings this time, just a few pickle incidents.  Navel oranges and various types of granola with milk have been my biggest cravings.  Most nights at 9pm, it's granola time.  And I usually just want lots of fresh produce!

I actually haven't many baby related pregnancy dreams! I think only one dream, where the baby was growing in a closet instead of my womb and we would open the door to check on it. That was weird.

I was feeling pretty good until around 24 weeks, then I had a real rough patch- lots of contractions and back pain, where I really thought I was having pre-term labor.  I then decided I needed to chill, rest more and stop lifting heavy stuff.  Once I adjusted my lifestyle and expectations, it got better.  It stinks realizing you have limits when you are used to being free, strong and independent.

For weeks it's been driving me crazy that I/we can't decide on a name.

Some days I feel confident about labor and delivery, and some days I'm pretty scared!  I've never gone into labor at home, having been induced last time, so I don't know what that will be like.  I also have a (possibly naive) hope that he will come a smidge early- just a week or 2.  It's either mother's intuition, or I'm delusional; time will tell.











No comments: