Monday, April 1, 2013


This is what it looks like to be pregnant & have a toddler.  Plenty of time on the couch, with said toddler doing acrobats all over and around me.  Maybe a minute or 2 of snuggles now and then.

Being 7 months preg with Babe #2 is really different than with #1.

Know I know some things that maybe I'd heard the first time around, but couldn't really understand/believe until I'd experienced them.
For example:
1.  Now I know that I can physically do it...birth a baby.
2.  I know that I will fall helplessly in love with my baby
3.  I know that an epidural can be a really wonderful thing

When I was 7 months preg with Arthur, I was getting more and more nervous and concerned because The Day was getting closer.  I had no idea IF and HOW I would survive birth and motherhood.  Early in Arthur's pregnancy, I found comfort knowing that having the baby was still far away, and was even weirdly relieved when he was late being born, because I could put the pain off a little longer...  But this time around, I feel relieved that the end is getting near.  I'm excited to meet this new little wonder, and for Arthur to be a big brother, and to see how he is like alike and different from the rest of the family!

I know there will be pain when he's born, but just for a relatively short time and it will get better.

We have already adjusted to the parenting lifestyle, so that won't be a big deal.  I now know that everything doesn't have to be perfect (& I don't have to know everything) before he is born.  There is time later, and we will have to adjust with each phase anyway.

Also this pregnancy has been physically more difficult.  I have plans to take placenta pills after the baby is born (I know, gross) and cut back on sugar and I have a hope that in a few short months I will be feeling awesome.

Everything is different this time around.  We are in a home that's better suited for us, in a better financial place, both of our jobs are better (I was working full time when pregnant w/ Arthur; now I work part time from my home. Stuart didn't have a job when Arthur was born. It was scary.)  Right now we have a significant amount LESS stress in our lives than we did 2 years ago.  We are surrounded by wonderful people and family.  And I'd venture to say we've grown a little bit older and wiser.

2 more months.



1 comment:

Jessica Tran said...

I love reading your blog! and I can't believe that baby will be here so soon!!!