Tuesday, February 1, 2011

29




I promise, my boy grew a noticeable amount from when I woke up this morning to now, as I am typing at bedtime. That at least explains why I was indescribably sleepy and weepy today and yesterday. I am 29 weeks today. My first week of 3rd trimester has been markedly different. My ribs have felt bruised the last 2 weeks, and the past few days I feel stuffed to the brim full of baby. It feels like right after Thanksgiving dinner...there is no way anything more could fit in my stomach area! I've been a little concerned, considering I have 2.5 months to go and am positive I'm completely out of growing room. The man weighs 2.5 lbs now. I just don't know how we will accomodate the 4+ pounds he is sure to put on before we meet.
Oh, speaking of pounds- the general feelings of discomfort have left me unfortunately very irritable. Basically, I just want to eat ice cream and pancakes. I really haven't indulged in these much at all, but this morning (as I was REALLY struggling with life and being awake) I did allow myself a pack of peanut M&M's at 8:30am. It was great, but I need to make sure I limit these indulgences as much as possible or I will really really run out of stomach space.

On another note, I'm still getting over the ends of The Plague. Throat and ears are still sore- it's really something!

I go back Thursday morning for that dreaded 3 hour gestational diabetes test. Pray that I don't have diabetes because I just love dessert so much...what would I do if I could NEVER eat chocolate again (until after April)?!!

This picture is from tonight. Tell me that belly isn't bigger than last time you saw me! But I have to say, I'm OK with how the rest of me looks :) I was thinking it would be much worse than that by now.

Good night all!

2 comments:

erin.dalton said...

when you feel like allowing yourself some indulgence, i'd love to have a pancake party with you :)

Unknown said...

You would survive! I am 33 weeks now and have had GD since week 19. If anything, it helps you to keep your weight gain down...I'm up 12lbs. 7ish weeks left until I can have a decaf fully loaded with sugar and carbs starbucks drink!
~ Kristen Griffin