Thursday, December 30, 2010

Week 24: Eggplant

If I were more technologically inclined, I would totally post pics. My bump is bigger and rounder every day and as of yesterday, I can watch myself getting kicked! It is really cool. I might have been able to see it earlier if I'd thought to look when I felt the kicks, but it didn't occur to me until yesterday over lunch. His kicks have been getting more and more pronounced, or obvious-feeling (there are tons of ways you could describe this feeling...but it's hard to really explain) and I thought, "I bet I could see these if I looked!" and I could! Last night Stuart and I laid on the bed and laughed at my alien stomach moving around. Then today I had a weird fear that TOO much kicking could mean there is a problem (like he's kicking in desperation) but now I just think he's happy and fun.

My Christmas was amazing and full of the best family and friend times. Not to mention the snowy white Christmas I have prayed for my entire life.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I plan on having a blast. I can't wait to down several glasses of sparkling grape juice (hopefully in a champagne flute) and dance around in my new (empire waist) dress. In order to achieve this I will force a post-work nap (minimum of 2 hours), then a post-nap cup of coffee. Don't worry, 1 cup should do it these days. I drink water like a camel and any other substance really affects me. My friend Bethany even mentioned staying up all night and watching the sun rise on the first day of 2011. That sounds beautiful and I am open to the idea.

Anything could happen in 2011! But one thing is for sure: this time next year, my life will look a lot different in every way than it does right now.

No comments: