Friday, February 8, 2008

influenza

The other morning, I woke up with the flu...during the night, my body shook for what felt like hours.  In a delirious state of mind, I felt like I was being enveloped in a spiral, and by the morning time, I felt entirely pinned down on the bed.  I laid there for three hours, slowly trying to 'unpin' myself, one body part at a time.  First I would have to unpin a part, then let it lay there and warm up before it could move.  Being sick takes your mind to strange places.  After finally making it to the bathroom (and almost passing out from dizziness) I climbed, of course, back into the my flannel snowflake sheet set.  

And this is the weird part.  God was at my window.  He wasn't literally, but he was!  I saw him there in the sunlight.  And he made me smile, and just drunkenly tell him how much I love him.  

I love that moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! I'll keep you for life!