Thursday, June 9, 2011

So much. Too much.


Oh boy.

How do I catch my blog up on the 1st 5 weeks of my little stud's life?

I LOVE a good milk coma

I think I'm starting to function again, but I spent a majority of the past few weeks simply staring into the sweetest blue eyes, smelling the sweetest little head, and nuzzling the sweetest little cheeks. Aaaand I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it! Motherhood has been the best unexpected delight.


I say an 'unexpected' delight because I had no idea the love that would overwhelm me the moment I first laid eyes on my firstborn child. There is no way you can be prepared for that. But I'll do a birth post soon and share more about that.


It is hard work, and pretty exhausting, but we are doing well and trying to figure out what to do with ourselves now.



Here is a video of some early morning snuggles.  He was fascinated watching himself on the screen as I recorded.  I was trying to get him to realize he was seeing himself but it might not have clicked with him yet...I'll give him some time :)

2 comments:

rachel said...

He is SO adorable. More posts, please!

Charis Hill said...

love that little boy..